loading...

Guest at wedding where 80 people were ‘poisoned’ recalls what happened moments before they were hospitalized – UNILAD

2 minutes, 24 seconds Read

Featured Image Credit: TikTok/kmibhor

One of the victims of a ‘poisoning’ at a wedding has revealed what the scenes were like at the celebration

Published 12:45 1 May 2024 GMT+1

A person’s wedding day is often one of the best days of their life… but sadly, that’s very much unlikely at this one.

For one unlucky couple and their many guests, their wedding will likely go down as one of the worst days of their lives.

About 80 guests had to be taken to hospital after suffering terrible symptoms after eating food at a recent wedding in Mexico.

Footage of the incident was shared on TikTok as the person recorded people suffering from what is believed to be food poisoning.

Guests were recently struck down with what is believed to be food poisoning. (Getty Stock Image)

Guests were recently struck down with what is believed to be food poisoning. (Getty Stock Image)

Aranza Rodríguez told Mexican newspaper Proceso that she attended the wedding in the central city of Cuernavaca, Mexico on Saturday and like many guests, had to be rushed to hospital where she was treated for a bacterial infection.

She said she was a guest of the groom, Fernando, whose wedding party started around 4pm with dinner set to be served at 6pm.

She said she arrived at the venue between 8pm and 9pm, and was already seeing guests experiencing ‘aggravated symptoms’ like headaches, stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea.

Amazingly, despite seeing these scenes, she proceeded to place her meal order and began eating around 10pm as ambulances started to arrive to take people to the hospital.

About 80 guests had to be taken to hospital after suffering terrible symptoms after eating food at this wedding in Mexico.(Facebook/Radioformulapr)

About 80 guests had to be taken to hospital after suffering terrible symptoms after eating food at this wedding in Mexico.(Facebook/Radioformulapr)

Rodríguez explained that the men and women had different meals but both groups got equally ill.

Rodríguez said as an appetizer she had wild mushrooms with goat cheese and tomato coulis, and for her main meal she said the dish was chicken breast stuffed with spinach, tarragon and sweet potato puree, as well as winter asparagus.

She recalled the wedding guests being concerned about the mushrooms, however, isn’t sure what part of the meal actually her unwell.

Though she said the mushrooms had the aftertaste of a ‘very strong chemical’.

A viral TikTok video appeared to show the aftermath of people being supported by those who had not taken ill.

Many guests were taken to hospital. (TikTok/kmibhor)

Many guests were taken to hospital. (TikTok/kmibhor)

Many were seen hunched over, with some looking as if they had been vomiting moments before.

While many were taken to hospital, like Rodríguez, they were prescribed an intravenous liquid and medicine to treat the bacterial infection. Before being released from the hospital four or five hours later.

Rodríguez has said Fernando and the bride, Paola, have being helping in anyway they can to assist the sickened guests.

UNILAD has contacted Grupo Paraíso, the company that catered to the wedding, for comment.

Topics: News, World News, Mexico

This post was originally published on this site

Similar Posts