loading...

Mass vomiting ruins wedding as 100 sickened by mushrooms – Audacy

0 minutes, 58 seconds Read

Wedding receptions are supposed to be a time to celebrate the newly married couple with good fun and good food. But one lavish reception in Mexico turned into a nightmare when more than 100 guests became ill and started vomiting everywhere.

Guests were celebrating at the Jardín La Estancia banquet hall in Cuernavaca, south of Mexico City, and had just been served a four-course meal when disaster struck, according to a report by Metro.

“Victims complained of stomach cramps, dizziness, vomiting and diarrhea and video showed guests sat bent over while waiting for ambulances to arrive,” per the report.

The sickness was reportedly blamed on food poisoning, brought on by wild mushrooms that were included in the menu.

The report didn’t mention how many of the “more than 100 guests” were taken to the hospital, but health officials told the outlet that the victims were discharged about five hours later after receiving treatment.

Officials said they are still looking into a cause of the food poisoning.

Last year, two diners who ate bits of morel mushrooms served at a Montana sushi restaurant died. Overall, 51 people became sick after eating the mushrooms and three were hospitalized.

This post was originally published on this site

Similar Posts